Sunday, February 8, 2009

When Baby grows up

You know that gray area between sleep and awake, I think it's called twilight sleep, but things don't seem real and yet they are vivid and colorful? That's the place I find myself lately as I look at photos of my children. Where did the time go? When did my baby who cried for years straight( yes, I said years) become a young woman? When exactly was that moment that she became independent, began wearing more than glitter lipgloss, started brushing her teeth without being reminded, could do her hair unassisted, became old enough to ask for a phone and seem to be old enough to need it on occasion? And then for a moment, a very brief moment, she slips back and wants to hold my hand. Then just as quickly,the moment is silvery-gray, almost hazy, just like the dream of my baby being placed in my arms.

2 comments:

Jeppesen Family said...

I found your blog on Syd's! I hope you keep up with your post's so I can see how you guys are doing. :) I miss every one. and I read her story about you guys having a hard time getting a hotel your first night at Dland. You could have stayed the night with us! I'm so jealous you guys stayed in the Disney hotel. I've always wanted to do that.
I know Julia's only 2 1/2, but I feel the same way about her growing up sometimes. It's wierd to have Mason, and remember not too long ago, that was her. All sweet and innocent. Now she's crazy!
Happy Birthday to Alli, though. I hope she had a good day!

Ivy said...

aaww allie is just the cutest kid i have ever seen and she is so grown up and sweet and an amazing sister and i hope to be her favorite sister and always be there for her!!!!!